There are many of us who takes taxi cab for our daily commute going to and fro from one place to another without a single thought to our safety. However, there are several factors that should be kept in mind to ensure safety especially because you are placing your life at the hands of a complete stranger.
For this purpose, as a taxi and limousine company that services the areas of Chicago and Northwest Chicago city, we have written this article to share with the commuting public as practical tips in ensuring safety during a taxi cab ride.
1. First and foremost when riding a cab, make a note of the cab number/information displayed on the dashboard or passenger’s door, whether you are the passenger or the parent who called for the taxi to take your son or daughter to their destination. Why? Because this will easily identify the taxi company and the driver of the vehicle should there be an accident.
2. This is also very helpful in many cases where you forget some belongings on the cab. A quick call to the taxi company will save you from a lot of trouble as the vehicle and the driver can easily be located for you.
3. Next, you can see a taxi I.D on the dashboard with the driver’s photo, match the picture with the driver. If they don’t match then it’s better to get another cab.
4. Before entering into the cab, make sure that the cabbie knows your destination and he is willing to take you in that place. This will save you from paying more money than you should, as opposed to someone who does not know his way around town.
5. Check the condition of the car. At a glance you can see for yourself if the car is well maintained or not. As much as possible, choose a taxi that are well maintained as this will not only ensure your safety and comfort but also lessen the chances of having a mechanical breakdown during your ride.
6. During the ride, make sure that you are familiar with the route that the driver is taking you. You can also simply ask your driver to take the route where you want him and he should comply with your request.
7. And of course, upon reaching your destination always check your belongings whether you have everything with you and nothing is left on the car. A quick glance of your seat will help that none of your things have slipped from your pocket, like your mobile phone or purse.
“Safety First” Several things can happen anytime and at the most unexpected moment. Being aware of these precautionary measures should always be applied and observed to ensure safety during a taxi ride.